Meet Andrea Bailey

In 2019 Andrea won her election in the Potomac Magisterial District with 64% of the vote, becoming one of the first African American female County Supervisors ever elected to the Prince William Board of County Supervisors. For the past three years, Supervisor Bailey has fought for her constituents by prioritizing housing accessibility, public health, transportation, and economic investment.

At a time when affordable housing is needed now more than ever in our County, she ensured the updated Prince William County Comprehensive Plan prioritized affordable and workforce housing.

She made our government fight for our workers by passing Prince William County’s first Collective Bargaining Ordinance and continuing to address our transportation needs by securing $90 million for the Potomac District for transportation projects.

Mental health is an issue that needs to be addressed. That’s why she secured $11.9 million to build Prince William County’s first Crisis Receiving Center for mental health. Supervisor Andrea Bailey has repeatedly shown that she delivers for the Potomac District, resolving 95% of constituent service concerns while actively working to resolve the other 5%.

Supervisor Bailey also ensures Prince William County is included in regional decisions and growth. She currently serves as a Board member on the Council of Governments Board (COG), and Chair of its Human Services Policy Committee, the Northern Virginia Regional Council (NVRC), and is an Executive Board member of the Potomac Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC).

Andrea Olivia Bailey is a native of St. Louis, Missouri, living in Dumfries, VA, for the past 20 years. She is the only child of Mr. and Mrs. John Earl Pullman. She is a Christian woman who has been, and Diaconate leader and teacher for over 20 years, a corporate citizen for 20 years, a business owner for over 10 years,  a military spouse serving with her husband during 23 years of active duty service, and a civic leader for over 40 years. She has been a caregiver for her mother since 2012.

Andrea has been married to her best friend and high school sweetheart, Rev. Cozy Eugene Bailey, current President of the Prince William County NAACP, for over forty years. He is a 23-year retired Marine Corps officer who graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. They are both members of First Mount Zion Baptist Church in Dumfries, Virginia, where they are active in leadership roles on the ministerial staff and the church’s deaconess ministry. They have one son, Cozy, Jr., also a Naval Academy officer and a graduate of the University of Virginia Darden School of Business. Andrea is also the proud caregiver for her mom, Essie Pullman, who resides in Virginia.

Professional and Non-Profit Affiliations:
  • Former small business owner of Affairs Remembered
  • Worked 20 years at Xerox
  • So Others Might Eat (S.O.M.E.)
  • ACTS
  • Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc for 40 years
  • Member of the Omicron Chi Omega Chapter for 10 years
  • Served as a national board member of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc
  • Member of The Links, Inc.
  • National member of the National Association of Professional Women
  • Lifetime member of the Prince William County NAACP
  • Board of Directors, Boys and Girls Club of Woodbridge